How to Save Places in Google Maps:
In order to find out the perfect backstreet secondhand store, to remember which bus stop is closest to a friend’s house, or if you just want to keep a record of places you have to visit on holiday, you can use Google Maps.
It is possible to ‘star’ a Maps location for many years, but Google has always made minor improvements time by time. Now, you can create custom lists of places, control their public visibility, and also you can attach notes to places.
How You Can Save a Location on Google Maps in Desktop:
The best way to save a map location is by saving it to your Starred places list. You can follow these simple instructions below:
- You have to visit this link www.google.com/maps, from your desktop browser.
- Simply hover over a marked business or place, and then wait until the information popup appears.
- Then, you just have to click on the Save icon, which looks like a bookmark.
- The location will automatically save on your Starred places folder.
They also allow you to save a spot if it is not a recognized place. You just have to drop a pin and click on the panel that appears, then simply follow the above-mentioned steps.
Google Maps mainly offers three default lists: Want to Go, Favorites, and Starred Places. These default lists cannot be deleted. Whereas, Starred Places list is quite different from the other since you cannot share it publicly.
You can also create a customer list and the name of the place however you want. The default lists have distinct icons which basically explains what their places’ pins look like.
To save a map location to a different list or a new list, you have to follow these simple instructions below:
- You have to click on a place of interest on the map. It will open a scrollable side panel with several relevant information.
- Then, simply click on the Save button near the top.
- Then, choose the preferred list or create a new list through the New List option.
How to Check Your Lists of Saved Places?
In order to check a list that you have already made, follow these instructions:
- Firstly, click on this link www.google.com/maps, to open the Google Map on your Desktop.
- You have to open the hamburger menu, from the top left corner of the page, and click on Your Places.
- Then, you have to click on the Saved tab and you will get all your lists there.
- After that, click on a list to view its places, alongside any notes you have added.
Also Read: Watch Netflix in Mexico using VPN Online
How to Add a Note to Saved Place
Google Maps also allows you to save a short note to your saved place for later use. You can use this to share information with others:
- You just have to click on the saved places on the map to bring up the side panel.
- Then, from the side panel, you have to click on the Edit Note option.
- You have to enter your text and then click on the Done option.
How to Toggle Saved Places on Google Map
One of the best aspects of place lists is the ability to toggle them independently. This feature is useful to compare the spread of certain locations, or even to find nearby places from several lists.
- Firstly, open the Google Map on your Desktop by clicking on this link www.google.com/maps
- You have to click on the hamburger menu from the top left-hand corner of the Google Map and click on Your Places.
- There, you have to click on the Saved tab.
- You need to open the More options menu alongside your required list.
- Then, choose to Hide on your map/Show on your map option.
How to Share a List of Google Map:
In order to share a list of saved places with your family and friends, follow these instructions below:
- Open the Google Map on your desktop browser by clicking on this link www.google.com/maps
- Click on the hamburger menu from the top left corner of the page and click on the Your Places option.
- After that, you have to click on the Saved tab option.
- Then, open the More option alongside your required list.
- Then, you have to click on the Share List option.
You can make the list private, share it with a link, or you can simply make it completely public.
How to Manage Places on Mobile:
You can easily manage and save places on your mobile devices. Most of the same principles apply as they do on desktops. You can follow these simple instructions below by following these simple instructions below:
- You have to open Google Maps on your Mobile device.
- Then, you have to tap on the name of the place.
- Then, scroll down a bit and you see the Directions, Call, Save, or Share option.
- From there, you have to click on the Save option.
- By default, you will get three lists: Favorite, Want to Go, and Starred places.