How to Locate MAC Address on Your Roku Device:
MAC (Media Address Control) is used to track a specific device in a network. It gives a secure way to find senders and receivers in a network. It also works to prevent unwanted network access. The Media Address Control is a combination of 12 characters allocated to every device by the developers. You might face a few difficulties to find the MAC address on your Roku Player or Roku TV.
How to Find MAC Address on Roku Player or Roku TV:
Before processing further, make sure that you are using the latest version of Roku. You must have to update your Roku device to the latest version. In order to find out the MAC Address on your Roku device, you have to follow these simple instructions below:
- Firstly, you need to turn on your Roku Player or Roku TV.
- Then, from your Roku remote control, you just need to press the home button.
- On the home screen, you have to scroll down and select the Settings option.
- You have to choose the Network option in the Settings menu.
- After that, you have to select the About option under the Network settings.
- You have to wait for the device to load the details. There you will get the device’s information like IP address, Wireless MAC address, and more.
Also Read: Firestick Error Six SOLVE
Alternative Way to Check the MAC Address on Roku Device:
There is another simple method to check the MAC address on your Roku device. You will get a sticker on the back of your Roku device. There, you can find the MAC address as well as Wireless ID or Media access control access. If you do did not get the Mac Address there, then you have to stick to the first method.
Other names of the MAC address are Media Access Control address and Wireless ID. In the sticker, the name may vary based on the device you are using. You can check both MAC addresses from the Settings menu and the sticker. If you see, the box information is the same, then your device is legal and legit.
With these two methods, you can easily find out the MAC address of your Roku device. You will require the MAC addresses to sign up for the IPTV services or to claim the warranty. Just take a snapshot of the MAC address on your smartphone for easy access.